Friday, September 11, 2009

Healing Journey Head's to the Desert.

Tuesday we had the sweat lodge and it was incredible. I loved it. I felt centered, relieved, strengthened, and full of hope once again. I feel so blessed by our friends who showed up in support of the sweat and the powerful love and prayers they offered. I felt it was a wonderful way to begin Darol's healing journey and by extension my own.
Then the next day my fears came up again and my emotional release was not finished. I was able to lean on another friend who tended and played with Kanyon for a few hours, I was able to be alone and have a good cry.
Thursday was filled with fun for Kanyon and I as we joined a friend circle with mommies and kids and made bread, sang songs, played, and chatted. It was wonderful to see Kanyon covered in flour and kneed the dough. It was healing to find a pace of parenting that was slow and in the moment, filled with love and support. Just what I needed.  Then it was off to meet another friend at the aquarium. Later my sister and nephew came over to tend Kanyon while I went for a healing session that was wonderful.
Today I am getting prepared to go out of town with Darol and Kanyon on his healing journey water fast. We are headed to a place in the desert at a friend's  who has a property with water, a garden, etc. It will be an adventure. It feels like I am moving because I am not sure how long we will be gone and I get to prepare for that. We have the ability to stay in a building with a small fridge, a bathroom and a small kitchen. We get to take our own bed, and anything we want to be comfortable. Good thing we have a truck.
We will not be alone in the desert. Darol has many family members that are coming to join him in his fast, so it will be a party without food. Lots of water though.
I will be eating and Kanyon too, so we'll enjoy food for them. :)
Gotta go utilize my time while Kanyon naps.

1 comment:

  1. I love this photo of Darol. Could you send me a copy to hang on my 'family portraits' wall? The healing journey commences for all of us who love Darol so much.

    ReplyDelete