Monday, September 21, 2009

Desert D-Light

Walking up the path to sit and write my blog I saw a butterfly flutter about. It's so lovely here. I fall more in love with this place every day. Last night  the sky was so clear and magnificent. I sat a chair out off from the front porch and nursed Kanyon while star gazing, imagining, and asking the universe for a miracle healing.
I had forgotten how magical the night sky truly is and how much we rob ourselves of when we live in densely populated and polluted area. Darol lay on the massage table out on the porch covered with a few blankets, resting after I was able to give him a massage. How lovely it was to connect with Darol, while Kanyon's uncle, Darol's older brother entertained Kanyon in his van. Uncle Deon and Kanyon have a great time together. Deon is also fasting. We have the three D's (Darol, Dan (Darol's Dad, and Deon) out here in the desert having a desert delight, with no food for them. Tomorrow we will receive another D, grandma Dana, Darol's mom will be here to visit and fast, so it will be the four D's in the desert with water for dessert. 

The weekend had it's turbulence, with Darol and I working on our communication and relationship with a healer/therapist that is staying here. We also packed up most of our things and had many of Darol's siblings come to visit. So we drove about 45 minutes away to a town called Kanab, and stayed in a hotel for one night with them, and enjoyed time by the hot tub, and the next day we went to visit sand caves, an animal sanctuary, and then Pink coral sand dunes. All in all it was a beautiful day and I really enjoyed the company of his family. That day though Darol was having his most visibly uncomfortable day. Pains in his stomach, and tired. He sat and rested a lot, it felt like his family was coming to say their goodbyes a bit, which is a possibility, although one I don't want to face. Them being here did allow me to face it even more so I teared up many a times. Darol is now 131 lbs., looking and feeling thin, his regular weight is about 30 lbs heavier. It's not easy seeing my  lover feel ill and be so thin, revealing even more of the lumps in his body. It breaks my heart and I wish I could take it all away.

Life out here is healing, connected, and peaceful, the sounds of nature are all around us, I hear doves off in the distance as I type out on the patio. The breeze is refreshing, the sun, the occasional rain, the crows, the ants, the coyotes at night, all of us living intimately in harmony. I wonder how I can go back to the city.

My dog Shato seems happy too, wondering about and enjoying this place.
Here are photos of our time here and with family.  






 



I love his smile!
 

                                                                               Uncle Deon & Kanyon

 
 
   Diane Darol's sister giving Darol a Piggy Back up to the Caves.
 






 
 Kanyon loves the sand!

He loves his uncle too.


The Allen Family who came to visit.
 


 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment