Monday, January 4, 2010

Gratitude Dude Attitude

I am in such Gratitude for my wonderful friend Maria who has joined me on this journey to Mesa where my husband is physically struggling to live daily. Maria has been such a gift. She is fun, silly, and grounded with many wonderful gifts she freely shares often. Her voice and singing skills are enough to make me want to just bask in her sunshine daily! I have really been blessed with wonderful friends in my life. I am grateful to be spending so much intimate time with Maria and getting to know her on a much deeper level. She brings a spirit of calm to this insanely messy time and reminds me that no matter what happens I will be ok and that everything will work out for my highest good. She has giving so much of herself to me and Kanyon and always knows what I need before I ask. Thank you Maria for the gift you are!



 
I am in such Gratitude for Kanyon. He always has Fun, No Matter What! He teaches me the key to this fun bliss is to be really honest and hold nothing back...nope not even a tantrum.


He also teaches me that friends can be found everywhere and anywhere I go. He makes it easy and so enjoyable.

I am grateful for the wonderful night I was gifted to spend with Darol and Kanyon in the same bed and then receiving the beautiful,  yummy breakfast made by my artist bro Deon. I am also grateful to Darol's mom who lent me her vehicle while I am here so I can get around. I am in deep gratitude for my sister Daneen who opened her heart and home to me, Kanyon, and Maria while I am her. She even made us breakfast saturday morning that was scrumptious. I am grateful for my sister Diane who found a wheel chair for Darol and has assisted me in getting closing life documents ready, as well as being there for Darol. I am grateful that Darol's dad Dan is here making meals and supporting him and us with yummy foods. Deon also works many moments in the kitchen. I am in gratitude for my other Sister Dori for being there for Darol as well. In fact all of Darol's Family has come together and it is magic to watch how the beauty is unfolding and all of them are giving Darol their all and their love. They all come and rub his feet or touch him or take him to appointments or vacuum the house, or make meals, or do whatever needs to be done. My heart swells as I witness such love all around me. I am in gratitude for my sister Louise for her support and loving Darol and Kanyon and me. She pulls out all her wonderful toys that her babies played with when they were young and even sat down with Kanyon and played blocks with him. She is taking on a mountain to maintain a peaceful wonderful place for Darol to rest and heal, and I love her spirit and the fact that she is not giving up on him. Deon my brother, Louise's husband, is also amazing, he is a wonderful nurse made and support for his brother. I wish I could show you all how beautiful he works with Darol. Yesterday I was able to get Darol into the sun and then give him a shower. Deon assisted me in getting him into the shower, and what a beautiful moment to witness the dance of Darol and Deon as he slowly, lovingly, and gently held the weight of Darol's arms around his neck and slowly walked with him from the wheel chair and into the shower where a chair was waiting. Tears fill my eyes in knowing that this is what love looks like and what a bitter sweet moment it was. I am grateful that I got to shower naked with my love again, even though it included me gently bathing my love in a way I never imagined I would.


The Fire Dance of Love.

The Artist Chef Deon Decorates Darol's meal with edible flowers.

Grapefruit and artichoke. 

 He ate all of the food from picture above and wanted more!!!!! Yippy!

I see you!

I am grateful to be with Darol. I am grateful every time he eats and drinks. I am grateful when Kanyon gets to play near his daddy and kisses him and says, "bye, Dad, Bye...bye Dad!" when we leave the house.  I am in gratitude that I see easily now why Darol chose to come to Mesa where his family is and be cared for here. I am in gratitude that as I was massaging Darol the other day he stopped me, by reaching for my hand and brought it to his lips and kissed it for a long, soft, slow kiss of gratitude.

Meet Yule, our new friend who found his way into Maria's suitcase though the handy dandy little sister Zina as a good luck charm watcher outer.
Yule has been berry busy keeping watch over all of us.

Yule likes it here in Sunny Mesa AZ where it's warm and we can play outside. We all do. 
 
  Another Day of Play with Yule.

Kanyon makes friends everywhere he goes. 
 Live and Laugh out Loud. That is what life is for. Oh, and get wet every chance you get.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Spring. I am so grateful for YOU! How wonderful to see the good and the blessing in this "messy" situation!

    I am so grateful for the memories that you are making! Also, the knowledge that you are being blessed with, that 1st and foremost...You are Not Alone! The situation with the clearly loving and supportive family of Darol's, your amazing brother, plus GREAT friends- is what will make Darol's transition into the next life and YOUR transition into your own future, will be blessed with love, support and compassion.

    May you be blessed with many beautiful and precious times with Darol. The shower and getting to sleep with your love are just a few of what is, I hope!- to come!!!

    I am so glad that you and Darol are blessed with Kanyon! He is adorable and brings a special sweetness to all of this! (There are NO accidents!)

    With love and light to you, Darol and the beautiful "orchestra" of loving Beings- of Family and friends...seen and unseen,
    ~Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing Spring. I am so inspired by you! I loved reading this post. You are taking a horrible situation and finding such beauty. wow, you're such an uncommon person. I have been so touched by what's going on with your family. I am grateful to have this glimpse into your lives. I seriously wept at your latest post... the beauty and love are so apparent. I wish I could do something for you, I'm praying for you... I don't have any answers for you, but something I know for sure is that God made Darol and loves him so much! I am praying for peace and that you all would just feel God's presence there, in the room, and with you. Call me if you want to talk, I'm a great listener :) 801-208-2084 Kimberly

    ReplyDelete