Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sleepy Time Posting

It's late. I am tired. I have an early morning rise to take Darol to a Dr. Visit. And all I can do is look at the pictures of the day over and over again. I was with Darol for a good part of the day today. He had a hard day. He has slowed down quite a bit, and I had a moment this morning where I thought I was going to loose him, and my heart panicked, his eyes were open yet it was as if he had gone somewhere else. I spoke his name and he came back. Holly the hospice nurse came in today we had a bit of a chat and later in the afternoon I found Deon whispering with tears to Darol in his ear, forehead to temple, and telling Darol that Holly did not expect him to last past Monday. It was beautiful to see his brother's love for him, and I cried behind my camera and did what I do best, photograph what I see of the beauty before me.

I want to believe that a miracle will happen and my heart doesn't ever want to give up on my beloved and yet his body is saying that it doesn't want to go on.


 
 
 I love it when he looks at me with that adoration in his eyes. What a gift of the day to see him look at me that way. My favorite photo of the day. Thanks to Deon for capturing it.

pretty much how I am feeling now.
 Front yard of peace and refuge. The "blues" swing.

Darol's friend Jeff, from high school playing melodies on his guitar. It's so surreal, he came and played with us during our wedding and now during this transition in our lives.

Darol as he relaxes and listens.


3 comments:

  1. Spring,
    my heart goes out to you. You are such a beautiful strong women. I love reading your posts and know that I am crying as I read them. They are filled with such love, and yet so much sorrow.I will be sending out as much light to you during this time as possible

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring,

    Just wanted to let you know that I have been reading your blog and that my thoughts are with you at this difficult time. Your blog is absolutely beautiful. Having friends and famiy & especially Kanyon close is wonderful.

    Wishing you & your family peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring-
    My heart breaks for you and Kanyon. I heard today 1/9 that Darol passed away. I'm so sorry. Words cannot express how truly sad I am for you. Darol was a wonderful man and will be remembered as such. I'm lucky to have known him. Please accept my deepest condolences, I'm sorry I haven't been better at staying in touch with you. The pictures are wonderful.

    With so much love your cousin,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete