Monday, December 14, 2009

Saturday Night Seizure

My heart is heavy with the events and news that have transpired. Darol had a seizure Saturday night that was just awful to witness and we called 911 and he went to the hospital were they did a cat scan and kept him over night and all the next day until the neurosurgeon came to speak with us. He delivered the sad news that Darol has 10 tumors in his brain and some are bleeding. They now have him on anti-seizure meds and gave him pain meds as well. The Dr. recommended radiation and chemo. Darol is actually opening a bit to the radiation.

My heart is heavy. I hold onto the hope that perhaps Dr. Young will have some miracle news and insight. Today Dr. Young also has a friend neurosurgeon that will look at the scans and give us his best advice as well. 


             The Ambulance ride over to the Hospital. 


This piece I call "Saturday Night Seizure with Emotional Fever".
Rainy, crying, following the ambulance to the hospital.
 
Darol's brother Deon Drove. He arrived at the healing center that evening just in time to hold his brother during his seizure and support him while he regained his faculties. I am so grateful he was there. I could barely get my own body to move fast enough to dial 911 and the center's personnel at the same time.


Darol & the Paramedic
.

 
Darol smiles, what a trooper.


 
So Tired!


Doses in and out of sleep, too much going on to really rest.
Deon (Darol's brother) and I did not sleep at all until back at the center late in the evening.

 . 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment