Wednesday, December 23, 2009

At home with Seperation and Sorrow.

I am home now, settling in from the trip. I will post photos of Kanyon and I in Vegas when I get them onto my computer.

Darol is now in Mesa, AZ with his brother caring for him. They have set up hospice for him and now have him on Morphine. I actually spoke with Darol after 2 days of not hearing from him since our parting. He was in euphoria being drugged and in some relief of pain. He sounded joyful, and faded in and out of consciousness on the phone. Almost as if he was falling asleep. When I would say his name and ask if he was there he would come to and actually carry on a conversation. He was actually able to discuss biz matters shortly and update me on his status. Even though he was fading in and out, he spoke more to me than he did while we were at the PH Miracle Center in Cali. Pain does some crazy things.

I am still in shock and can hardly fathom that my husband is in another state on hospice care.

Tomorrow is my Birthday. I have a massage session scheduled which will be healing, and much overdue.

I usually send out fun Christmas cards with photos of our family. Not this year.

1 comment:

  1. Spring, our hearts go out to you. Connie and I are thinking of you and Darol constantly.

    Love,

    Rock

    ReplyDelete